Formed in 2013, the Tim Blair Run for Kids Foundation traces its origins back to 2000 when Devonport man Tim Blair first ran to raise money for local charity Giant Steps, supporting children with Autism. Since running the 72 kilometres from Deloraine to Forth, Tim has continued to set out on running challenges and support what he believes is the biggest asset this world has, CHILDREN.
These endeavours have seen him run from Burnie to Devonport in support a young girl with cancer, Launceston to Devonport in support of a 4 year old diagnosed with Leukemia, the Bluff, Devonport to Bondi, NSW in partnership with The Kids Cancer Project in 2014, and much more. Since being becoming incorporated in 2013, the foundation has evolved and been engaged with a variety or events and fundraising activities.
To see every child, have an opportunity to grow old and live a happy and healthy life.
To support Tasmanian kids and their families in overcoming the challenges that serious childhood illnesses present by:
- increasing awareness of childhood illnesses,
- providing direct assistance, and
- raising funds for medical projects and research that improve outcomes and medical treatments.
- Awareness – Being a voice for young people and families with sick children
- Community – Volunteer based & for the Tasmanian Community
- Support – Generous, Respectful & Compassionate